Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A peek into our life...

We are still here at GI's house...hoping to be out in the next few weeks or so and give him back his space and PEACE! Seems every evening I'm telling the kids (including my husband who loves to run all through the house rowdying with the kids) :) "please let's all try to be a little more quiet". GI moved in the basement and gave us the upstairs. He is such a Blessing and doesn't complain a bit! We have a few different options we're considering for our next move...say what you will, unfagneekt, unsettled, restless...but we love our life! It is our desire to together as a family lay down our OWN selfish ideas and agendas and be in "His Perfect Will". We by no means have it all down pat...the Lord knows the desires of our hearts!

We are homeschooling this year again...we pulled the boys out of school when we went to TX last December. So this is our second year and Hadassah has joined them doing Abeka K5 this year. At first I wondered if I'm doing the right thing, she was 4 when we started but so far she seems to be doing ok with it. We all enjoy it very much. When people ask if we're always going to homeschool I say, "for now we love it but we're taking a year at a time". It makes me feel less overwhelmed that way. We couldn't have asked for a better school...teachers, staff, and principle at Shalom School! We felt Blessed with our school experience and would recommend them. There's pros and cons in homeschooling just like anything else. We have significantly noticed more honor and respect in our children...don't be fooled they're still kids and not by any means perfect. We're more directly involved in their lives which we consider a Blessing. I also notice a lot less peer pressure for those of our kids with the "I" or "Sanguine" personality. As for the social part we are as you know always doing something adventurous and exciting and I don't think our children are "socially deprived". We love going places and having friends over! So let's be REAL...it may not be for everyone! Either way you are not condemned! Praise God for the freedom of each ones choice in this matter. I forgot to mention what an awesome supporter I have in this journey of homeschooling. My Dear husband makes this job so much easier by teaching his sons how to HONOR and RESPECT ladies "especially their Momma" and if there's a day of a bad attitude or something he promptly takes action and it's always done in love and always reaches their heart! That's what I call a great leader! Thank you Jesus! I am sooo Blessed!

I have a maid coming in every week whom I pay for one afternoon to finish up school with the kids, babysit, clean windows, bath the girls, make supper and whatever else she gets done. I make a list for her every week and I tell her none of these other things have to get done...the kids come first! That's when I get out to do grocery shopping, miscellaneous shopping, fill up my van, stop at (the farm) Mom n Daddy for milk and Mom makes me a cup of coffee which we sip together and Daddy can't stay away and almost always comes in too and offers me some of his delicious homemade beef jerky. Thank you Jesus for our wonderful parents and for the Godly values they taught us! May I never take them for granted! Getting a maid in is a "milestone" for me and something my husband has been trying to tell me to do for 10 years. I finally gave in...and I love it. I'm the "do it myself" kind. I'm learning that some things need to be delegated.

Have a great week!!!

1 comment:

  1. i love reading your blog darlene....i must say i love when people "live outside the box"one day at a time!!i'm homeschooling this year also and it is a journey....wow...anyway have a blessed week..:)

    ReplyDelete